Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life in Niger

If Niger was my home and not America my life would be completely hard. I would have a about 3 more times children I would there then it would here in America. However my children have a 18 times higher chance of dieing in Niger then in America. Food is not always available here because droughts occur frequently here. The government here is unorganized, unfair, and they barely have enough resources to feed themselves. We founded our independence in 1960 but after several coups our political system is left in shambles. Also my life is very hard here and I will die about 25 years sooner then I will in America. I probably would have been diagnose with HIV/AIDS and there is far too little medical help to treat me correctly. I make 99% less money than in America so feeding my family would be close to impossible. My average yearly income is 700 and that is very insufficient to pay for my needs let alone my family's. My house probably would not have running electricity nor water. So thats the life Niger                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment